What it’s about:
Marcus Murphy of DigitalMarketer talks about the massive shift happening in terms of where people want to buy and where they want to start sales conversations. Networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook aren’t just for social interaction anymore; they’ve become sales platforms. As a result, sales and marketing professionals need to be creative about finding those conversations and engaging with them to grow their business.
1. Social selling is conversational selling.
It’s about about leveraging your social network to find the right prospects to build trust and relationships, and ultimately achieve your sales goals.
Beyond tweeting, “Hey! Check this out!”, you need to find ways to
authentically engage with people who have problem that you can solve; a
solution you can sell. You need to allow and encourage people to
interact with your brand on the platform of their choice.
2. Forget B2B and B2C. It’s time for H2H.
It doesn’t matter who you are or what you need, humans want to buy
from humans. Maybe the reason that 90% of people ignore cold outreach is
that we haven’t been treating them - or acting like - humans. We need
to be more authentic in our communication, and more personalized in our
3. Alternative channels are the new sales tools.
We’ve ruined email and killed the sales call. Buyers are savvier than they used to be about the tricks of sales and marketing, and technology. We need to embrace new ways to communicate, market, and sell.
For example, Facebook now lets you create ads where when a user clicks on it, it immediately opens up Facebook Messenger and allows the user to start chatting with a company rep. You can also drop a link in an email or text that opens up a Simply link to m.me/yourfacebookpagename (eg: m.me/digitalmarketer) and it will jump straight into a Facebook Messenger.
- Read Marcus’ controversial but attention-grabbing post: Why cold calling is dead and Jeff Weiner is my hero
- Get $500 off your ticket to DigitalMarketer's Traffic and Conversion Summit 2017 on March 10-12 in San Diego by using the promo code: carpedm
- Learn more about how DigitalMarketer can help your team with DigitalMarketerHQ