Rather than go through a year's worth of tiny tweaks and bug fixes that everyone already forgot about, here are all of the cool new things we made this year:
- Our first project of the year was a late Christmas present to the Sales and Support teams: an upgrade to our admin panel! It gave us more details at a glance and allowed us to have more control over the account without having to bug devs.
- We improved the Proposal Preview, including adding the ability to colour the background and add logos.
- We added Client Input Forms, a new feature that lets you collect much-needed information from your clients.
- We also beefed up our Salesforce integration to allow for a live, two-way sync.
- Speaking of Salesforce, we also launched a public beta of our Salesforce App Exchange app. It lets you build and send proposals straight from Salesforce, without the need for an extra browser tab in Proposify.
- We made some improvements to the Hubspot client import tool, including adding more things that could be pulled. We also removed mass-importing as a feature.
- Folders! We added an additional organization tool for users who wanted more than tags to sort their content. We also added “waterfall permissions” to these folders, so you could easily set permissions by throwing them into an appropriate folder.
- The Proposify Partner Program officially launched! We’re now able to give some real rewards to people who recommend our service.
- In April, we updated the cancellation process to make it easier for customers and the support team to cancel accounts. In addition, we let the account remain active until the billing period expired rather than cancel immediately. This gave people time to make sure the lights were off and everything packed up before checking out for the last time.
- We officially closed mass contact importing from our other integrations, not just Hubspot. Instead, we made it easier than ever to import individual contacts you DID need where you needed them.
- We updated how the type styles function worked and added a few extra improvements to the WYSIWIG toolbar.
- We collected feedback and issues with our Salesforce App Exchange app and wrote a list of how it should work outside of Beta. We are working with the dev team now to make it perfect.
- We added even more text editor improvements! Now you can save your current text styling as the new default from the type styles dropdown.
- We began work on a tool that would let you know when your integration’s API code is out of date. Kind of like when you get married and suddenly people talk to you differently.
- We created a new tool for our certified partners and support team: the ability to transfer templates to other accounts with the click of a button. No more hours of redundant manual entry!
- We made it easier to clear formatting. Now you can click the button and the formatting will clear, even if nothing was highlighted.
- We launched the new edit styles and formatting button, your one-stop shop for styling your content.
- We created a new Enterprise Accounts tool, allowing large customers and franchises to create “sub-accounts”, that are linked to the main account. Now sub-accounts can use their accounts without having to worry about interfering with other franchises.
We spent August focusing on improving the app, welcoming and onboarding new team members, and setting the framework for some cool new things coming out soon. Keep an eye on future release notes to see what those were!